SIG STIX-IT Heat Activated Covering Adhesive
- Easy to use
- Saves time
- Superior adhesion
- Allows economical covering materials to be iron-on
- Keeps iron-on plastic & fabric coverings stuck down
- Strengthens and seals the wood
- Low weight, one thin brushed-on coat is all that is necessary
- Cleans up with Sig Butyrate Dope Thinner
- Compatible with all common model airplane paints
Stix-It is the perfect companion for any model airplane covering material. It has a super strong heat-activated adhesive built right in that keeps your covering material stuck down tight.
Stix-It works great for adhering SIG Koverall, silk, silkspan, tissue, or any other uncoated covering material to a model. Its high solid content and adhesion qualities make it a breeze to cover models with these economical coverings. Stix-It eliminates the messy part of the traditional process. No more need to dope through the covering and rub it down with your fingers. Simply brush a coat of Stix-It on the wood, let it dry, then iron on your covering material.
Stix-It also works great as a surface preparation and wood sealer for any of the pre-finished iron-on coverings, either plastic film or fabric type. The superior adhesion of Stix-It helps eliminate the troublesome pull-ups and lifting seams common with those coverings. It also reduces fuel seepage under the seams of the covering.